The Administrator organizes and manages the business functions of Abingdon Square Conservancy. The responsibilities for the position are broad and varied.
Bookkeeping & Financial Reporting / Planning
- Check/electronic payment processing, expense reimbursements
- Banking & Deposits
- Monthly Financial statements & Bank reconciliation
- Invoicing (occasional)
- Budgeting / Forecasting
- Year-end Form 1099 preparation
- Annual audit prep
- Data entry and maintenance of donor records in CRM database
- Donor thank-you letter preparation and mailing
- Analysis of donation trends and goal performance
- Preparation of reports/metrics on donations, campaigns, events, mailing lists and donors (e.g., new, lapsed)
- Assistance with planning and execution of events and follow up
- Execution of direct response campaigns (10-12 emails per year)
- Coordination of direct mail campaigns (annual fundraiser, year-end appeal)
- Use of online survey technology to conduct community outreach
- Facilitation of fundraising efforts through research
Setup -- One Time Only
- Advise re: Financial software selection
- Assist w/ setup: Chart of accounts, Vendor & Donor information
- Knowledge and experience in basic bookkeeping, internal control, and financial reporting for non-profit organizations
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and accounting software like QuickBooks is required Experience with a fundraising CRM application is preferred. (ASC uses eTapestry as its fundraising CRM application)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise discretion
- Ability to work collegially with volunteer board of directors and committee members in support of the organization’s mission
The position is part-time, and is expected to require 5 to 10 hours per month. In the weeks before our annual fundraiser in late April, hours may increase to 20 hours or more.
About the Conservancy
The Abingdon Square Conservancy is a non-profit park conservancy dedicated to maintaining and enhancing Abingdon Square, New York City’s third oldest park. Because the Square is dependent on private donations for its operations, community support is essential to the park’s well-being. Re-formed in 2012 and until recently fiscally-sponsored by Open Space Institute, the Conservancy obtained recognition from the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charity this summer and will begin independent operations October 1.
If you are interested in supporting the Conservancy's mission to maintain and enhance Abingdon Square as a scenic and historic landmark and community gathering place, as its part-time bookkeeper / administrator on a volunteer basis, please send an email outlining your interest and your qualifications to email@example.com by Friday, October 10.